After making my weekly batch of almond milk, I was left with some almond pulp that I didn’t want to waste. After the success of my Crunchy Chocolate Cookies I thought I would experiment some more and created these yummy Almond Pulp Banana and Cinnamon Muffins. The muffins are naturally sweetened with the banana’s however if you prefer them a little sweeter you could add a tablespoon of maple syrup, honey or your sweetener of choice.
If you don’t have any almond pulp, you could also use almond meal and just add 2 tablespoons water
I’ve popped these in the freezer and have been pulling one out when I need a quick sweet fix. The nuts make them super filling and they really hit the spot. Maxy loves them too and has been having them as an afternoon snack.
- 2 large or 3 small ripe banana’s (the riper the better)
- 1 cup almond pulp or 1 cup almond meal + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbls coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a muffin tray with paper cases
- Place all ingredients in your food processor or Thermomix and whizz until smooth and combined (TM Speed 5, 20 seconds)
- Pour into muffins tins and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.