Muffins made with almond meal and chia seeds are a staple in my everyday diet. I always make mine free from refined sugar, gluten and dairy so they are super healthy and full of protein which keeps me satisfied longer.
These muffins are so moist and have a beautiful caramel flavour from the dates. With the addition of the caramel chocolate they are just divine. Try eating one straight out of the oven while they are nice and warm.
I used Loving Earth Salted Caramel chocolate however if you can’t find this feel free to leave it out or use some sugar free dark chocolate instead.
- 2 cups (200g) almond meal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup (120g) dried dates, pitted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup (60g) coconut oil, melted.
- pinch of sea salt
- 80g Loving Earth Salted Caramel Chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners
- Add all the ingredients to your Thermomix or food processer. Mix until combined but making sure the dates are still a bit chunky. (TM Speed 4, 6 seconds)
- Spoon mixture into the muffin tin
- Place a piece of chocolate on top of each muffin
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then store in a airtight container.