Soup soup soup, I feel like I consume that many bowls of it during the winter months… It is seriously the best meal though as you can pack a bowl full with lots of veggies, turmeric, ginger, chilli and all sorts of other immune boosters.
I love creamy pumpkin soup made with coconut milk and have this a lot however sometimes I feel like a soup that is a little lighter so I have been experimenting with use coconut water instead and I am loving it! My favourite coconut water to use is Natural Raw C as it is 100% natural coconut water sourced from young, green coconuts with no added sugar, sodium or any other nasties.
Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 3cm Ginger, grated
- 1 red chill, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 350g pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1.5 cups Coconut Water
- 2 cups water
- In a large pot add the coconut oil, turn heat to medium and add the ginger and chilli.
- Saute for 1 minute, stirring
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat to simmer and let it cook until the pumpkin is soft
- Serve immediately or you can also place in the freezer for another day.
Get all your ingredients for this recipe from YourGrocer delivered. Convenient and local!