Ever since the salted caramel craze started I have been super obsessed. I think it is that combination of sweet and salted that just works so well together.
Any time I see something Salted Caramel on a menu I HAVE to have it :)))
If you like me and are super obsessed with salted caramel then here is a healthy salted caramel smoothie that is filling, nutritious and delicious and wont leave you with a nasty sugar hangover!!!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup/55g coconut milk (my favourite brand is Honest to Goodness as their cans are BPA free)
- 1 cup /230g coconut water (I use Natural Raw C Coconut Water)
- 2/3 cup /100g ice
- 2 tbs nut butter e.g. peanut, cashew or almond
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- pinch of himalayan salt
- Optional topping- bee pollen
- Add all ingredients to your Thermomix or blender and whizz until smooth and combined. I find this takes 1 minute in the Thermomix on speed 10
- Pour into a glass
- Top with bee pollen if you wish
- Serve immediately