Acai pronounced AH SI EEEE is an Amazonian super berry which is full of antioxidants. It is low in fructose which makes it the perfect addition to your breakfast.
I love making acai bowls as they taste like your eating ice cream, only their healthy!!
I’ve made this one extra indulgent by adding three of my favourite things, peanut butter, chocolate and banana. YUM
- 1 sachet of frozen acai
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 sliced banana
- A few pieces of loving earth chocolate. I used the Salted Caramel and Coconut Mylk flavours
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (Here’s an easy recipe to make your own)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Add the banana and acai to your high speed blender or Thermomix and mix until smooth. You will need to stop a few times and scrape down the bowl. (TM Speed 10, 30 seconds)
- Spoon into a bowl and place dots of the peanut butter on top. Use a skewer to marble it throughout the acai
- Top with sliced banana, chocolate and sprinkle with cacao nibs
- Eat immediately