- 300g Japanese pumpkin peeled
- 1 pomegranate
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts
- Handful of flat leaf parsley- chopped
- 100g mixture of leaves of choice e.g. iceberg lettuce, spinach and rocket
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic Reduction Dressing
- Optional- 50g feta cheese
- Slice pumpkin into 1 cm thick wedges
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper and crush with coconut oil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Put in and oven preheated to 200g and roast for 40 minutes (turning halfway)
- While pumpkin is roasting cut pomegranate in half, place over a bowl and hit with a hard object such as rolling pin to release the seeds.
- In a large salad bowl add leaves and parsley, top with pumpkin and sprinkle on pomegranate seeds and hazelnuts. If you wish you may crumble some feta cheese on top
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction
- This is great to have on hand to add to any salad recipes. Store any leftovers in a jar in the pantry.
- In a small pot add 300ml of balsamic vinegar with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or sweetener of choice). Bring to the boil and then stirring continuously let simmer until mixture reduces and thickens (approx 30mins)
- Thermomix method- Add all ingredients to bowl and cook at varoma temperature for 18 minutes speed 1.