On a recent trip to Sydney I discovered Bondi Wholefoods and became completely obsessed with eating there for as many meals as I could. I pretty much ordered the same two things every time- pumpkin pie smoothie which was the bomb and the eggs with savoury granola.
Sadly our holiday finished and back to Melbourne I came… Ever since I have been thinking about how good the savoury granola was so I vowed to try and re create it at home.
This stuff is absolutely delicious sprinkled on scrambled or poached eggs, sprinkled on a bowl of hot soup or even just as a mix to nibble on.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons buckini’s
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl and pour onto the tray
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden
- Allow to cool and transfer into an air tight jar
- Store in the pantry