These sweet potato and coconut bars are full of goodness to keep you feeling full throughout the day without the addition of any refined sugar, gluten and dairy.
These are a favourite morning or afteroon tea snack for my 18 month old son Maxy. I love that I can store them in the freezer and pull one out a time. It defintely makes life easier having a few healthy snack options on hand.
Sometimes I spread a little coconut yogurt and top with sliced banana’s which we both love.
- 300g sweet potato, skin on
- 280g (2 cups) almond meal
- 35g (1/2 cup) dessicated coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 30g (1/4 cup) coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 30g (1/4 cup) maple syrup, honey or rice malt syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a square 20cm pan with baking paper
- Grate sweet potato. (TM speed 7, 5 seconds)
- Add all ingredients to your food processor or Thermomix and mix until combined (TM speed 5, 10 seconds)
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan an bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- Cut into bars and store in an airtight container
This can be stored in the freezer.