Its getting a little cooler in Melbourne now which normally means I make the switch from salads to soup but I’m still clinging onto those last few warm days 🙂 The flavours in this salad are so fresh and delicious. I love the combination of the zucchini combined with flavour popping peas and fresh mint.
This is the perfect salad to serve as a side dish with a piece of fish or meat or it can easily be eaten as a meal on its own
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- large handful of mint leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan (can be omitted if vegan or dairy free)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Place pumpkin seeds on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, remove and set aside
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini into ribbons
- Boil a small pot of water and add peas for 1 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and toss to mix through the lemon juice and olive oil.
- This can be made in advance and just add the dressing before serving.