These bliss balls remind me a bit of those yummy apricot coconut squares I used to devour as a kid. I’ve tried to create a healthier version using no added sugar since the dried apricots themselves are full of natural sugar. I have experimented with using both organic and non organic dried apricot and both turn out great. The organic apricots are brown in colour because they don’t have any sulphur added to them so this ended up making the bliss balls a little darker in colour.
These are nut free so make a fantastic snack for the kiddies lunch boxes. There are full of protein and good fats to keep their little tummies nice and full.
- 130g (1 cup) sunflower seeds
- 35g (1/2 cup) fine coconut- plus extra for rolling
- 100g (1/2 cup) dried apricots
- 45g (1 heaped tablespoon) tahini
- pinch salt
- 3 medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon water
- Add all the ingredients to your Thermomix, blender or food processor and mix until smooth (Thermomix speed 9, 40 seconds)
- Roll into ball and coat in coconut
- Place in the freezer to set.