This is a beautiful alternative to traditional hummus and makes a great snack served with cut up vegetable sticks or crackers.
- 2 large beetroots
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel beetroot and chop into quarters.
- On a large sheet of alfoil spread a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Place beetoot on the foil, season with salt and pepper and wrap up in a little package
- Place in a preheated 200 degree oven for 50 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and open up the foil package. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a Thermomix, food processor or blender add all ingredients and whizz until smooth.
- Serve with cut up vegetables sticks.