Thin crispy apple bites that are not only healthy, they taste delish too. This easy to make snack has become a staple in my house and are popular with the whole family.
My goal with feeding myself and my family is to have as much of the food we eat to be unprocessed which sometimes takes a bit more planning but the benefits are so worth it.
These apple chips are a great portable snack. Just pop a few in a snap lock bag and off you go.
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Turn each apple on its side and slice apples as thinly as possible. No need to peel or core the apples. If you have a mandolin use that to slice the apples.
- Arrange on the baking trays in a single layer and dust with cinnamon
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chips to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.