Who says you can’t have a cafe style breakfast at home… These poached pears are yummy enough to serve for dessert too.
- 2 Bosc pears, peeled and cored
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, plus extra for serving
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for serving
- 1 litre water
- 1 cup Galbani ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp vanila extract
- Place water, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and cinnamon in a medium size pot and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat to medium low and place pears in the liquid. Ensure that they are covered and if not add a little more water
- Poach for 20 minutes or until soft
- In the meantime beat the ricotta cheese, 1 tablespoon maple syrup and the vanilla until light.
- Place pear on a plate with a dollop of ricotta cheese mixture, drizzle with maple syrup and dust a little cinnamon on top.
- Serve immediatley