There is nothing I love more than caramelized roast pumpkin. This salad is simple, delicious, healthy and filling.
I love to make it for weekday lunches/dinners or if you like you can also serve with a piece of fish or meat to make a more substantial meal.
- 1kg pumpkin (my favourite is jap pumpkin), peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 large handfuls green beans
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil (or extra coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Place pumpkin on a lined baking tray, drizzle with coconut oil and place in the oven
- Roast for approx 30-40 minutes (turning half way through) until it is soft and a little caramelised
- Boil a pot of water and add beans for 2 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and toss to combine
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- This can be made in advance and just add the olive oil before serving