– Zucchini pasta makes a great tasting low carb alternative to traditional pasta
– Serves 2
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight or for at least a few hours)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large handful basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Optional- toasted pine nuts to sprinkle on top
- Feed zucchini through a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles. Alternatively if you don’t have a spiralizer simply use a peeler to peel the zucchinis into ribbons.
- Place in a bowl and set aside while you prepare the cashew cheese.
- Add cashews, water, yeast flakes, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to your Thermomix or high speed blender an whizz until nice and smooth. Set aside.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a fry pan add the coconut oil and heat to medium. Add zucchini noodles and toss around for a minute until they soften just a little.
- Add to two serving bowls, drizzle with cashew cheese and top with cherry tomatoes, basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.